Tots Units Fem Força
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Twenty-Three

Go down

Chapter Twenty-Three Empty Chapter Twenty-Three

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:42 pm

~Aina~

Aina found it rather peculiar what things people wanted to ask her on Tumblr. They wanted to know her favorite color, food, music, movies, places in Barcelona, and so on. But they were also fascinated with her relationship not only with Leo, but Cesc as well. And that was getting frustrated. It was common to see people saying there was a love triangle between them. It got to the point where she felt it necessary to rebuke such rumors.

Dear Followers,

It has come to my attention, as it is very prominent on here, that many of you are speculating about my relationship with Leo and Cesc. I hope that this will end any and all rumors, though I doubt that is truly possible. But I will try my best to dismiss these rumors regardless.

First, Leo is not a rebound from Cesc. There were several months in between that breakup, and I am in no way projecting feelings onto another footballer. I am also not just trying to be with a footballer for the sake of it. Many of you don’t realize just how hard it is to be with one. They are traveling constantly, they practice daily and are tired afterword, they are constantly in the press, they have little privacy, and the criticism can really get them down. It isn’t an easy life to sign onto. Ask any WAG. It gets even more difficult with kids in the mix.

The next thing is this love triangle rumor. This is not the case.

The line between friendship and romance is often blurred, because in order to have a good relationship, romantic or not, friendship is key. Most of you, I am sure, have held romantic feelings for a friend before. Cesc and I mutually entered the relationship, and mutually decided that we were better of as friends than lovers. That part of my life, and his, is over.

Leo is who is in my life now. It was never a case of distance, or any of that, which made my time end with Cesc. And it wasn’t that my sight was immediately set on Leo. Feelings are something that change, they grow, and they blossom. Sometimes it’s instant, sometimes it takes months, or even years.

When my brother first set eyes on Olivia, his girlfriend, he was very much smitten. Love at first sight.

My feelings for Leo have grown over time. I am witness to his kindness daily as he does work for UNICEF, and his own foundation. I see his skill on the field, which is unparalleled. But he also treats me well.

It is nice to know that you care for him this much, and Cesc as well, to ask these questions. But at the same time, it is their personal life. It should remain that – personal. I love answering questions about myself (in a non-narcissistic way), but I dislike all of the questions about love triangles, cheating scandals, and most of all, criticizing the relationship between my brother and Olivia. He loves her, and that should be enough for you. Be happy for him.

Thank you all for following me. Visca el Barça, i Visca Catalunya!

- Aina

She posted it, feeling the burden lift from her. She just hoped people would understand what she meant. She was so tired of the constant questions. She was sure Gerard was as well. They were both bombarded on whatever site they were on, if not in public. Poor Leo, who hated the spotlight, was getting it pretty badly as well. He’d even been accused of ‘stealing her from Cesc’.

She just wanted the absurdity to end.

~Olivia~

Olivia curled up further under the blanket in Aina’s apartment as the game reached halftime. The game was in Russia, against Rubin Kazan.

It had been a rough game, as the Russian team was so defensive that it was nearly impossible to score a goal.

And the game ended 0-0 because of the heavy defensive playing. Both women stretched as they waited for the post match interviews. The first interviewee was Pedro, who talked briefly about their disappointment. The next was Leo, who looked subdued because of the loss.

“What does it mean to lose this match?” the interviewer asked. “I means we have to work that much harder to win the next one,” the Argentine replied. “How is your relationship with Aina Piqué, especially after the rumors that she still has feelings for Arsenal captain Cesc Fàbregas?” “Ask me any question about football, about myself – don’t bring her into it. You want to hear about how I didn’t play my best, or how we are struggling against a team when we shouldn’t be? Ask. But don’t bring her into this. She has nothing to do with the game.”

Olivia glanced over at Aina, and saw tears in her eyes.

“Are you alright?” she asked. The other woman looked over, “Just when I think I know everything about him…I’ve never been defended like that.” “Rosy didn’t?” the chef asked curiously. “He just ignores those comments, doesn’t answer them either way,” Aina replied, trying to wipe the tears away as they rolled down her cheeks.

Olivia completely understood. There had been several times that she’d gotten jeered on the streets, but almost immediately Gerard had either defended her, or simply pulled her into a kiss. Just knowing that he was there for her did wonders. And she knew Aina was under more pressure because of the whole Cesc incident, whatever the full story was, as she had yet to know.

She jumped as her phone rang, the caller ID revealing it to be Rosy himself.

“Hola,” she greeted. ‘Sorry we couldn’t win,’ he said immediately. “Well you didn’t lose. And you played a great game. You made several important blocks. Don’t discredit that,” she rebutted, watching as her friend managed to pull herself together, and flip to another game to watch.

‘Is Aina alright? Leo told me about the question…’ Gerard asked, concerned. “Yeah, she’s alright,” Olivia said, standing to head into the kitchen to refill her glass of water, “and honestly Rosy, he’s the best thing that has happened to her.”

‘The best thing…why?’ the defender asked. “Did Leo tell you everything?” she questioned. ‘Only that he was asked a question involving her.’ “He defended her without hesitation, he didn’t care about his image, nor was he shy. He thought only about her.” There was silence on his end. “Geri?” she pushed. ‘I worry about her…but she seems genuinely happy with him. I need to accept that.’

Olivia smiled, “Yeah, that’d be a good idea.”

‘I miss you,’ he murmured, as she poured the water into the glass. She smiled, “I miss you too, of course. It’s quiet around here without you…wait. Why do I miss you again?” She could almost picture the pouty look that crossed his face. ‘You make a lot of noise, mind you,’ he said, and she caught the innuendo, blushing furiously. “Shut up,” she scolded. He just laughed, ‘Well I’m boarding the plane now. I’ll see you when we get back. I love you, Liv.’ “I love you too, Rosy, for whatever reason…”

~Leo~

He had slept well on the plane, having been so tired, but he almost regretted it. He was brimming with nervous energy, afraid of how Aina reacted to the interview. He knew the question wouldn’t have bothered her, but how he reacted. He’d probably just added fuel to the fire, and for that, she might be upset.

He was just settling in for the night when his phone rang. Looking down, he frowned upon seeing the number.

After taking a deep breath, he answered, “What do you want, Cesc?” ‘Thank you for defending Aina…I know that had to have been tough,’ the Arsenal player answered.

“I didn’t do it for you,” Leo answered shortly, still not in much of a mood to talk with the man who’d broken Aina so greatly. ‘I know, but thank you nonetheless,’ the midfielder replied. “Why did you do it? Aina won’t ask, but I will. Why did you cheat on her?” The question came out before he could stop himself. He had to know. Aina clearly didn’t but he needed to. What had broken up the relationship?

‘I missed her. Talking wasn’t enough at times…and I wanted a distraction. I went about finding one the wrong way. Some use alcohol, I cheated…’ the man answered.

And then it hit him. He didn’t need to be angry at Cesc any longer. It was time to move on, as Aina had. “I don’t like what you did, Cesc. You hurt her. But I forgive you,” he said, a small smile appearing. ‘You forgive me?’ Cesc asked incredulously. “I do, because Aina is alright. And now she is with me. I’m not going to make the same mistakes that you did. I hold nothing against you now. Good luck in the Premier League and in the Champions League.” With that he hung up, wanting nothing more than to see Aina.

He kicked off his pajama pants and pulled on sweatpants, grabbed a hoodie, and jogged out to his car. He drove over, tapping the wheel anxiously.

He parked outside her building, and walked up anxiously.

Knocking on her door, he waited as she shouting ‘coming’ from inside. The seconds seemed to tick by before she opened the door, surprised upon seeing him. There was a pause where they simply observed each other before she barreled into him, arms winding tightly around his neck. His arms wrapped around her in confusion. He was expecting a scolding, or a speech about how she didn’t need him to protect her, or what not.

“Gracias, Leo,” she murmured into his shoulder. “What did I do?” he asked. She pulled back, incredulous. “No one, and I mean no one, has ever stood up for me. It meant more to me than even I could have guessed,” she replied.

“It was inappropriate of them to ask,” he said, his thumb rubbing circles along her lower back.

They gazed into each other’s eyes, both smiling distantly. The moment was only interrupted when someone cleared their throat several feet away.

~Gerard~

He felt awkward sitting in the chair adjacent to the sofa on which Aina and Leo sat, looking at him expectantly. He’d meant to talk with just his sister, but he’d apparently caught both of them at once.

“I just wanted to apologize…I haven’t been the most supportive of your relationship. You should have always had by support…” he said at last.

Aina laughed, “Geri, you’ve never been supportive of any relationship I’ve been in. Actually, this one has probably been the best ever…Olivia is changing you for the better.” He pouted, “I’m not that bad.” “You threatened three boyfriends, knocked one out cold with a football to the head…” she began to list before he cut her off. “I get it!” he interjected quickly. She smirked triumphantly.
He stood, picking at the hem of his shirt, “So I just wanted you to know that…I’m here for you. You know that, right?” She smiled at him, and nodded, “I’ve never doubted that, hermano.”

He smiled, “Bueno.”

“Pues, go back to Liv’s. She’s impatient, sí?” the female asked, grinning knowingly. He felt his face heat up, “Shut up…” He could hear her laughter as he left her apartment, grumbling under his breath. Why was Marc such an angel, yet his twin the epitome of evil at times? He wondered if Leo really knew what he was getting into.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://barca.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down