Tots Units Fem Força
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Twenty-Nine

Go down

Chapter Twenty-Nine Empty Chapter Twenty-Nine

Post by Admin Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:04 am

~Olivia~

His expression, had she not been so panicked herself, would have been priceless. It registered between a fish and a cartoon character. His eyes were slightly bulged, and his mouth open wide.

“You…you’re pregnant?” he repeated at length. Olivia nodded, not trusting herself to more words.

He ran a hand through his short hair, “But we used protection!” She shot him a look, “Which isn’t one hundred percent effective, obviously.” He blushed, looking away, and down at his hands, which rested uselessly in his lap. Silence fell on them for several long moments.

“Are you ok with this?” he questioned.

She shot him a mournful look, “Oh, because every girl wants to bloat like a whale, eat like a big pig, and pop a very large baby out of their vagina!” He blinked in surprise. “Shit, sorry – those would be the raging hormones talking,” she said, shaking her head. She then shot him a resolute look, “I’m not aborting, if that’s what you mean, and like hell my child is going into the adoption system.”

“I want to be there for you Liv, every step of the way,” Gerard said fervently. She smiled weakly, “I’m glad you’re not scared off.”

“Scared of a baby? No, I’ve always wanted kids, children to make proud and to be proud of. I just thought it would be, you know, a bit more planned…” he admitted, his hand gently coming to rest on her stomach, which had yet to show signs of the new life inside.

“Who’s telling Aina?” Liv asked, both falling silent at the rather off-putting thought.

~Aina~

Her heels tapped smartly as she strutted down the halls of the Ciudad Esportiva de Joan Gamper. The pictures on the walls blurred by until she reached a familiar door – she came to a dead stop.

She pushed open the door, and without looking inside yelled, “Geri, ass out here now!”

She heard laughter from inside, and some jokes toward her brother. But she didn’t care. She waited, a scowl firmly in place. At last the man in question came shuffling out. He wore his training jersey, and had a towel secured around his waist. “Um, hey Aina,” he greeted her uncertainly.

She ignored the greeting, “You knocked Liv up?”

“Oh, she told you then,” he said, paling slightly. “Yes, she told me. I know you’re in love, and that it’s not my place to meddle, but I swear to God Geri, don’t you dare hurt her,” she seethed, jabbing him in the chest with her finger. Several of the other players who had finished changing started spilling into the hall, observing the siblings curiously.

“Aina,” he said softly, “I am sorry. I’m so sorry.” He pulled her into a hesitant hug, praying she accepted it. She sighed, and lightly returned the embrace. “You better be,” she muttered, patting his back.

Leo exited the locker room, looking between the two. Aina smiled at him, and watched the prepared tension leave his shoulders. He walked over to her, taking her hand with his. “Hola,” he greeted, kissing her lightly on the cheek. She smiled, and then smiled at the other players.

As she and Leo walked out together, he turned to her, curious, “What was that about with your brother?” She sighed, a small smile playing on her features, “Olivia is pregnant.”

~Gerard~

He anxiously ran a hand through his hair, and glanced over at Aina, who sat calmly on his sofa. “How am I going to tell mom and dad?” he asked. Leo, who was sitting beside her, looked amused with the whole situation. Olivia was taking a nap in the bedroom, having worn herself out worrying about how to tell her own parents.

“Well, I would do it in person,” she suggested lightly.

He huffed, “Do I have to?” She shrugged, “Just don’t do it over twitter. I don’t think ‘moc moc’ is the best way to deliver this one.” He groaned, flopping down in one of the chairs.

“She’s worried about telling her parents as well,” Gerard added. She nodded, “I know, especially since her parents are Madridistas. Good job for getting in that situation. At least they support La Roja, otherwise I don’t think you’d have a chance.” He pouted, “Your support is overwhelming.” Leo chuckled, reaching over to grab her hand.

“I’ll offer you this though. I have a meeting in the United States, in Seattle actually, so if Liv wants to tell her parents in person, I’ll go with her,” Aina said. He looked at her in surprise, “Really?” She nodded, “Of course. She’s my best friend, and I have a feeling that she’s going to want support from someone, and since you have commitments to football, I’m the next best choice.”

“You’re a life saver,” he said, slumping over. She grinned, “I know. So yeah, our parents, Geri…?” He groaned loudly.

~Leo~

He sat at the kitchen table with Aina in his lap as Gerard and Olivia both fidgeted in the living room with his parents. They had just broken the news, and so far, they had met silence.

“How far along?” Montserrat asked at last. “Four weeks,” Olivia answered, having just been to the doctor’s office to confirm that she was indeed pregnant. “Oh!” she exclaimed, jumping up to hug the both of them, “I’m going to have my first grandchild!” Joan smiled as well, also hugging the pair.

“Have you told your parents yet?” Montserrat questioned Olivia. She shook her head, “I’m flying out with Aina to tell them.”

Leo tightened his hold on his girlfriend’s waist, kissing her shoulder lightly, “I’m going to miss you.” She smiled, “I’ll miss you too. I’m glad that went so well.” He nodded, noticing Gerard looked much happier now that the news was out to his parents. His mom was already guessing the gender, and theorizing names, while Joan was patting his son on the shoulder proudly.

“Geri, now the ‘moc moc’ announcement can come out!” Aina called, grinning.

~Olivia~

She clutching Aina’s arm tightly as the two women approached the suburban house, white in color, with black shutters and a sierra colored door. “This is not going to go well,” she moaned. “Calm down, Liv,” the female replied, shooting her a look, begging her to calm.

They walked up to the door, and with a shaking hand, the female rang to doorbell.

After a few seconds, a dark haired man with greying hair opened the door, looking at the two women in surprise. “Olivia,” he greeted, opening the door for her. He looked at the blonde, before turning back to his daughter, “Please tell me there’s a reason that Aina Piqué is here!” She nodded anxiously, stepping inside, dragging her friend with her.

Aina flashed her dad a smile as she was dragged passed. “Nice to meet you sir,” she said in her accented English.

“Olivia!” her mom greeted as she appeared in the living room, though she too looked at the visitor in complete surprise. “What’s the visit for?” he dad asked, stunned, “Growing bored of Barcelona?”

Olivia shook her head furiously, “No, I have…I need to tell you guys something.”

She practically clung to Aina’s arm, nearly cutting off the circulation. “Mom, dad…I’m pregnant,” she blurted out. “What?” her mom asked, eyes arching in surprise. “Who’s the father?” her dad asked, maintaining his composure better. She shrunk even further, “Gerard Piqué.”

~Aina~

Had she not been so worried for her friend, watching the scene before her would have been amusing. The two adults were obviously Madridistas – several scarves were scattered around the room, as well as jerseys and other merchandise for Los Blancos.

Both had been stunned into silence. Then the dam broke.

“You’re in a relationship with Piqué?” “Didn’t you use protection?” “How long have you been dating?” “Why a Blaugrana?” “How far along are you?” “Olivia why didn’t you tell us?”

Glancing at her friend, she saw she was overwhelmed.

“Please, calm down,” Aina interjected. “I don’t think you have the right to speak,” her dad said, shooting her a glare, and Olivia only clung on tighter.

The female, however, was undeterred. She had grown up with the press, and she was not about to back down. She drew herself up to her full height, her blue eyes burning. She met his gaze with such strength she saw him gulp visibly, and shrink back some.

“I have every right to speak if I see my best friend being bombarded by the people who are supposed to support her. Now I get that she is having a child with a man who plays for your rivals, but they love each other. If you have any care for your daughter, you will overcome this, because family is far more important that football rivalries. Those are in the past, but a child, that is the future. She wants to include you in this child’s life, but that does not include childish fights about whose club is better. Do I make myself clear?” she asked.

Both parents nodded.

Aina smiled, returning to her normal posture, “Good. I’m Aina, by the way. It’s good to meet you.” Olivia let out the breath she’d been holding, and murmured a thanks into her arm.

~~

A lot has happened this year in the world of football, both on and off the pitch. There have been marriages, scandalous affairs, and even some little bundles of joy.

The most recent twist comes for FC Barcelona and Spain National Team defender Gerard Piqué, who is now expecting with girlfriend Olivia Calderón. The defender released the news via his Twitter account, the first to congratulate him being sister Aina Piqué, fellow FC Barcelona defender Carles Puyol, and Arsenal midfielder and close friend Cesc Fàbregas.

Little is known about how far along Calderón is, or other details, but it seems like the couple is going strong.

They began dating over a year ago, having met through Aina Piqué, who was friends with Calderón. They have made no other public statement about the pregnancy either.

Calderón was spotted with the sister of the father in Seattle, where her parents live, reportedly to deliver the news.

We will be waiting for more information from the couple, or from friends and family. We wish them luck in parenthood, and for a healthy pregnancy and delivery.

Questions are now stirring – are wedding bells in the future for the defender? We can only wait to see.

Fin.

Sequel to follow
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://barca.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum