Tots Units Fem Força
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Twenty-One

Go down

Chapter Twenty-One Empty Chapter Twenty-One

Post by Admin Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:20 pm

~Aina~

On her flight back from New York, she gazed at the scores from the matches. Barcelona had won 1-0, the only goal being from Iniesta.

From what reviews said, Messi had an off game, and she couldn’t help but wonder if their fight had influenced that. She didn’t mean to just run away from the problem, but she was hurt. She had taken a huge step in trusting him, yet he didn’t trust her in return.

He thought that on any whim she would just allow Cesc to sweep her off her feet, and carry her off into the sunset.

She didn’t hate Cesc, but the attraction was long gone.

‘Passengers, please turn off all electronics. We will be landing shortly.’

She sighed, and pressed the power button. She leaned back in her seat, eyes slipping shut. She was ready to get back, and just talk with him. It had been avoided for too long, and she wanted to speak her mind, and see where they stood. All over the newspapers were the pictures of them from out and about, before the fight. She looked once more at the picture of herself, ice cream cone in hand, sharing with Leo. She couldn’t remember ever looking that happy, even with Cesc. Not just because they were keeping their relationship low key at the time, but because everything with Leo was different.

After the plane landed, she got her luggage, and grabbed a taxi. She headed back to her place, and changed. After waiting around for a bit, she drove over to his condo once she knew he’d be back from practice.

When he answered the door he looked surprised, and after hesitating for a moment, pulled her into a hug. She smiled into his shoulder, wrapping her arms around his waist. “You didn’t come back,” he whispered. “I know, and for that I apologize,” she replied. He shook his head, “I’m the one who needs to do that.”

She led the way inside, pulling him along and sitting him down on the sofa.

Sinking down next to him, she smiled in his direction. “We need to talk, Leo.” He nodded in agreement. “I didn’t run away because I’m over this. I want to be with you Leo. But I wish you would accept that. What happened between Cesc and I is over. He has given me ample opportunity to get back together with him, yet I have refused every time. I want to be with you, Leo, only you.”

He looked at her in astonishment, but kept silent.

“Things are different between you and I, than they were between me and him, and frankly I like it better. In that relationship, I was physically attracted before anything. With this, I felt for you emotionally, and it was an added bonus that you were so attractive.”

She reached out, taking his hand in her own. “Please, Leo. I trusted you, despite how hard that was for me. I still get scared at times. But I just ask for that in return.”

“I’m sorry,” he said, pulling her into a tight embrace. She snuggled into his warm chest, latching onto the front of his shirt. He smiled hopefully. “So you don’t want…you know…to break up or anything?” She laughed, “No, Leo. I want this to work.” His grip on her tightened, “Me too.”

~Gerard~

He shifted nervously as he sat on Aina’s sofa, his hands clenching and unclenching at random intervals. His leg bounced up and down, up and down. His lip was between his teeth.

“Geri, what on earth is the matter?” his sister asked, looking at him in disbelief.

“I want your opinion on something,” he said. She nodded, signaling for him to continue. “Well, we had sex the other night…several times. And after that…” She cut him off, “I do not want a detailed story of your sex life. Ew. You’re my brother.” He nodded. “Well,” he continued, “do you think we rushed it?”

“You’ve been dating for over a year. Everyone feels differently about that, but if both of your wanted to it’s fine,” Aina answered. He nodded, still gnawing on his bottom lip.

“Ok, what is really bothering you?” Aina pushed. “I want your opinion on something else…”

She nodded expectantly. “This,” he said nervously, gauging her reaction. Her eyes widened, “Aye Dios mio!”

~Leo~

Leo,

Sorry for that call a few weeks ago. I was drunk when I called, and it was uncalled for, and disrespectful to you both. I am sending an apology to Aina as well, for everything. I just didn’t want to accept that it was over. But what was more, I didn’t want to accept it was my fault for it ending. But you two seem genuinely happy together, and I need to remember that her happiness is the most important thing.

I am sorry for trying to get in the way of that.

Cesc

The email made him feel better. He knew it was irrational to fear the Arsenal midfielder, but his confidence stayed on the pitch.

Beyond that, he was still a nervous boy who didn’t want to lose what he so dearly wanted.

He looked over from his laptop to the female, who was on the phone, speaking in English. He didn’t understand everything, but got enough to recognize it as a friendly conversation, and not a business one. He returned his attention to his emails, and read some of the other things before going to check the scores of some of the Argentine teams that he liked, as well as some of the other European Leagues.

He smiled as Aina finished her conversation, and walked over. She hugged him from behind, resting her head on his shoulder, reading the scores as well. His free hand reached up to rest over her arms that were hung loosely around his neck.

“Oh good, Manchester City lost,” she murmured, her breath tickling his ear. “So did Liverpool,” he pointed out. She smiled, “Great.”

“Is it comfortable reading like that?” he asked, looking at her out of the corner of her eyes. She was bent over to accommodate such a position. She chuckled, “Not really.” She stood up properly, but he already missed the contact. Reaching out, he grasped her hand, pulling her around gently, and guiding her to sit on his lap. She smiled, “So considerate.” She perched on his one leg to allow him to see the screen as well, and leaned back. His chin rested on the top of her head. He could easily discern the scent of her vanilla shampoo, and smiled softly.

Her fingers played idly with the strings on his hoodie as she read through the Italian league, happy upon seeing Inter Milan’s loss to Napoli.

He didn’t want moments like this to end.

~Olivia~

When she arrived at Gerard’s house, she found the door open, but no boyfriend to be found. She wandered in, closing the door behind her. She called his name, wandering through the lower floor, searching for the footballer.

She finally spotted the door to the terrace open, and upon walking outside, found herself in almost another world. The trees had been strung with lights and lanterns, and a table was set up with candles and what looked to be really delicious food.
“What is this for?” she questioned.

“Do I need a reason to spoil my beautiful girlfriend?” he questioned. She shook her head, feeling that stupid grin spread over her face at such a compliment.

They ate and talked, enjoying the beautiful Barcelona night. The stars were blanketed over the cloudless sky, twinkling like thousands of diamonds. The ended up stretching out on the grass to watch them. “That’s the North Star!” Olivia pointed out. Seconds later, a shooting star passed by that area. “Ooh, make a wish!” she said excitedly. She sat up, her eyes squeezing shut as she thought of a good wish.

When she opened her eyes and glanced down, Gerard was no longer there. She looked around, and found him kneeling in front of her.

“Olivia, I love you so much. If I had a wish, it would be to spend the rest of my life with you. I don’t think either of us are ready for marriage now. It’s only been a year. But please, take this promise ring. You’re the only woman I could see myself marrying. And when we’re ready, I’ll get you whatever ring you want, simple or gaudy.”

He was perfect. He knew she wasn’t ready for that next step. But the promise of it…

“Of course,” she said, tears welling up in her eyes. He slipped the simple silver band on her right ring finger, a matching on already on his own. She smiled, and kissed him sweetly.

“Te amo,” he whispered softly, fingers running through her hair. “Te amo también,” she replied.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://barca.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum