Tots Units Fem Força
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two

Go down

Chapter Two Empty Chapter Two

Post by Admin Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:28 pm

Dani laughed as Ana let out a groan. Despite wearing an apron, she had still managed to drip red acrylic paint onto her uniform, and all attempts to clean it had failed.

“At least it matches our uniform! Imagine if you’d dripped white onto it. I’d have to consider you one of los Blancos…” she teased her friend, who glared as she tried to suppress a smile. A week had gone by, and the two girls were settling into their high school nicely. While Dani wasn’t new, she never had many close friends before. People were normally scared off by her outrageous love for FC Barcelona if they were girls, and guys didn’t want to hang out with what they considered to be a fangirl.

“At least this is the last class of the day,” Ana agreed after giving up, throwing the paper towel away. “That’s the spirit!” Dani laughed.

The assignment was to paint a flower arrangement that had been placed out. It consisted of red roses and some white carnations. Both were almost done with their pieces, adding the final touches of shadowing to the roses and the vase. With several quick, deliberate strokes they finished up.

They headed to the sink together, and washed the paint off the brushes and palates they’d been using for the period.

When the bell rang, the two girls left the building together, portfolios under their arms as they navigated the narrow path off the small campus, and onto the more crowded streets of Barcelona.

“So I was wondering, this weekend my mom and I are going to this art show, if you were interested in coming along?” Dani offered, glancing nervously at the more stoic girl of the pair. She hoped that she wasn’t being too forward with the offer – afraid that Ana wasn’t interested in hanging out much outside of the classroom. “That sounds fun,” the other smiled, wider than normal. Relief ran through her at the reply.

“Well, let’s not keep your brother waiting!” Dani chirped, pulling her friend along the road. Ana followed without protest, allowing herself to be dragged, and both ignored the strange looks that they were receiving from other pedestrians around them.

They both went inside, and Andreu was signed out to his sister.

While normally Dani was not fond of children, she found that the little brother of her friend was extremely mature for his age, and she could only place this on his accident. While Ana had been hesitant to speak of it, Andreu had told her on the way as they walked earlier in the week. She’d been heartbroken to hear that his dreams had been crushed so early on in his life, and had to admire his strength to keep fighting to get better.

The familiar chain-link fence which separated the football field from the sidewalk appeared over the hill, and they all began to look, hoping to catch sight of the skilled young boys who played there almost every day.

Instead, the field stood deserted that afternoon, and they all continued along in silent disappointment.

Bam!

Dani let out a shriek as a football hit her back, causing her to drop her portfolio, and the other two to stop and turn around. Looking behind her, she saw the offending object sitting innocently on the ground, no owner in sight. She bent down, and picked it up.

“Where did this come from?” she pondered aloud, looking around for a possible owner.

Before anyone could speak, a group of boys came jogging up the hill, and locked onto the ball in her hands. “Great, the ball didn’t get run over by a car or break a window!” the tallest of the group yelled back at the others, closing the distance in several long strides.

He came to a stop in front of Dani, and held a hand back, “I’ll take that back.” Her eyebrow twitched. He was an idiot for thinking that he could just kick a ball around.

“The hell you will!” she yelled, surprising him and his friends, “You hit me with the ball, so sure you didn’t break a window, but you could’ve really hurt me! Or what about my friends, huh…? You can’t just kick this thing around as you please!” The boy gulped, “We didn’t really think anyone would be walking along this way…” “You’re damn right you didn’t think! Stop making excuses, you oversized idiot!” she seethed.

“Do you go to La Masia?” Andreu’s voice cut off the remark the tall boy was about to return. A shorter boy with darker hair stepped forward, “Yes, we do.” The young boy’s face brightened, “That’s why you play so well.” “I like you, kid,” the tall boy said, grinning.

“Figures…” Dani grumbled, as if the boy needed a larger ego.

~~

Ana put a hand on Dani’s shoulder, hoping to stop the angry words that were about to issue out. She gave the girl a pointed look, which effectively silenced her.

“I apologize for her,” she said, tilting her head to Dani, “But she’s right. The ball hit her, and it could’ve been worse. My brother is in a wheelchair, so you can only imagine how a hit to him could’ve had more lasting damage.” All of the boys looked down at the pavement guiltily. “We’re sorry,” a boy mumbled. He looked genuinely upset, his brown eyes practically pleading for forgiveness.

She nodded, “It’s fine, just be more careful.” She took the ball from her friend’s hands, and tossed it to the boy who’d spoken, sending him a small, tight-lipped smile.

Dani bent down, and began collecting her portfolio, and let out a sudden shriek, “My canvas!” All of the boys turned to look at the panicking girl, “The frame split!” she cried out, looking at the ruined wood. Her heated gaze turned to the loud boy, “See! You did break something you giant oaf! And don’t argue with me – just keep your giant lips shut!”

“No one told you to walk this way!” the boy retorted, her eyes narrowing. Dani’s hands came to rest on her hips as she took a step forward, “No one told you to kick your stupid ball!” “No one told you to carry a canvas!” “No one told you to be an idiot!” “No one told you to be so loud!” “No one told you to have such large lips!” “What? No one told you to be uncreative with insults!”

She saw the boy with darker hair look embarrassed, and she was sure a similar expression was on her own face. Andreu looked at the two in complete shock, not understanding the argument at all.

Finally Ana sighed, “This is ridiculous.” She finished gathering up Dani’s portfolio, including the broken canvas, and shut it. She then thrust it into her friend’s arms, which halted the shouting between the two. “If you two are done acting half your age I have better things to do than listen to your petty arguments, and I’m sure the rest of you do to.” Her tone was icy, and several of the boys shuddered. “She started it,” the tall boy muttered under his breath.

Dani went to retort, but was cut off.

“I don’t care, frankly. You’re both at fault, so don’t be so low as to point fingers. It just shows how immature you are,” Ana snapped, her brown eyes glaring at him. He nodded, and took a step back.

Andreu chuckled, used to her having the ability to shut people up.

“Thanks for the ball,” the shy boy said, sending her a nervous smile. Her expression softened, “I hope your practice goes well.” She managed to send him a small but genuine smile before turning on heel. Dani followed, muttering insults under her breath as they walked off. “You shouldn’t let people like that bother you,” Andreu said with a pleasant smile. “You mean big-lipped, oversized jerks?” the girl asked. Ana rolled her eyes, “You’re acting just as bad as him.”

Dani’s mouth snapped shut, and she was silent for the rest of the walk until they parted ways.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://barca.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum