Tots Units Fem Força
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Twenty-Five

Go down

Chapter Twenty-Five Empty Chapter Twenty-Five

Post by Admin Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:06 pm

~Cesc~

He looked around nervously as he clasped his girlfriend’s hand loosely. A quick glance and he saw no one. He frowned, wondering where Gerard was.

“What’s the matter?” Daniella asked, holding onto his hand tighter. “Nothing,” he muttered.

At last he saw a familiar car swing around the corner, and pull up to the curb. Throwing their luggage into the backseat, the couple then climbed into the back. “Where’s Aina?” Cesc asked, looking at the empty passenger seat. “She’s helping mom cook at home,” the defender answered. “She’s cooking?” he asked in surprise. Gerard shrugged, “Yeah, I don’t know either. I hope she doesn’t poison us!”

Cesc laughed, though it was forced. Daniella was completely out of the conversation, blinking at him in confusion. He shot her a reassuring smile.

They pulled up at the Piqué house, and went inside. Cesc saw his family car already in the driveway. He hugged them immediately upon going inside. “How are you sweetie?” his mom asked. “Good. You know Daniella,” he said, gesturing to his girlfriend. They greeted each other, but it was forced civility. He knew his mom would never like Daniella as much as Aina. She’d hoped that would last, but was content to know they were still good friends.

He hesitantly continued further into the house, and stopped short when he saw another family was with them for the Christmas celebration – the Messi family. His teeth ground together as he observed them silently. Daniella simply stood behind him, not daring to ask what was bothering him.

He forced himself forward once more, noticing Messi’s mom was giving him an apprehensive look, most likely because he was the ex of her son’s girlfriend.

At last he reached the kitchen, and noticed that there were shouts coming from within. Stepping inside, he saw that Aina was flinging some flour at Leo. Both were covered in the white powder, laughing hysterically. With some effort the female landed a soft hit on the footballer, leaving a white handprint on his shoulder. As she ran away, he managed to land a white handprint on her rear.

Seconds later Montserrat strode into the kitchen, and stopped short. “Aina, what on earth is this mess?” Both adults looked at her, both struggling to contain their laughter.

“Hug?” she asked, holding out her arms. “Don’t you dare!” her mother replied, retreating away.

Aina then caught his eye, and her arms dropped. There was a pause, but then she smiled. She nodded at him and Daniella before returning to Leo, and bumping him with her hip to get him to move over. He realized that they had been making a pie crust before the flour fight, which she’d returned to.

And he realized, in that moment, that Aina really had moved on. He watched as she and Leo finally managed to make the crust.
She had moved on, leaving him behind. But as he stood with his girlfriend, the woman that had been the cause of the split, he realized how much of a mistake he truly made. That could have been him, coated in flour, laughing. He could be the one she was with, not Leo.

That reality hurt him. But there was nothing left he could do. He had been the one to put all of those events in motion. He could only step back and face the consequences, including seeing the woman he loved with another man.

~Aina~

Despite being completely covered in flour, I was having the time of my life. The flour fight had started innocently enough. Leo had put a small smear of the substance on my nose, and I had retaliated by putting some on his cheek. And then one thing led to another…

Her mom was hovering once more. “Oh, sweetie, you’re covered. Now that the pie is in the oven, why don’t you go wash up? And for heaven’s sake, take Leo with you!”

She laughed, and grabbed her boyfriend’s hand pulling him toward the stairs.

He followed, trying still to muffle his laughs. Upstairs it was empty, as everyone was downstairs for the big dinner. “You look ridiculous,” she said, glancing back at him. “And you look beautiful,” he replied. She grinned, “Flattery gets you nowhere.”

She returned to her old room, and opened her closet. She found a pair of sweatpants and an old Barça tee. “You would probably be more comfortable in Marc’s clothes than Geri’s” Aina mused, leading the way further down the hall.

She found him a pair of sweats and an ADIDAS shirt to wear.

He tossed the clothes onto Marc’s bed, and pulled her close. She laughed as flour fell to the floor off of their bodies. “We really do look ridiculous,” he agreed, resting his head against hers. She smiled, inclining her head up to kiss him. “Yeah, we really do.”

~Gerard~

He was happy to see Olivia was comfortable with his family. She was talking with his mom about cooking, since the two women had done the majority of the cooking before Aina and Leo had turned it into a disaster zone.

The petite woman was happily talking about the seasoning she used for the potato dish, his mom listening intently.

He was happy their schedule allowed them to have a get together, since it was rare to have everyone together. He was also happy that Leo was able to join them along with his family. His sister, who had washed up and changed, was talking to his parents as Leo sat next to him, watching her. Celia seemed to have taken an instant shine to Aina.

He pointed it out to Leo, who looked down at his lap sheepishly.

“My mom and I used to just lay next to each other in bed and talk. She would say to me ‘Leo, so many girls would kill to be right here with you’. I would just laugh, and say she was joking. But last year, I mentioned not the girl I wanted…not Aina…” the star striker admitted. Gerard couldn’t suppress his wide grin, but said nothing to prevent his friend from experiencing further embarrassment.

Leo sighed, “Ever since then my mom has wanted to meet her, and last time it went really well, so she was excited for the invite for this.”

Gerard grinned, “Aina and her angelic exterior.”

Marc snorted from beside him, “It’s funny how you’re the one people this is the prankster, and Aina is a victim…” “I know, right?” the defender exclaimed.

He then realized Aina was looking at him, and he immediately deflated, “She always knows…”

Another glance at Olivia showed she was doing alright still, making him smile. “What do you think of Cesc’s girlfriend?” he then asked the other footballer at the table. Leo shrugged, “I haven’t really talked to her – she doesn’t speak Spanish, and I don’t speak English.” Gerard nodded, “Oh yeah…that would be a problem.”

He sighed, “I don’t know…he just doesn’t seem happy.”

Leo shrugged, returning to his food. The defender glanced at his friend, who was wearing a strange grimace on his face as he glanced down the table, toward Aina.

As Olivia walked around the table to refill her drink, he caught her wrist, and motioned for her to lean down. “What happened between my sister and Cesc? Something isn’t right. He keeps looking at her…there’s jealousy, guilt, and it’s obvious he’s not over her. What happened?”

A frown marred his girlfriend’s features, “It’s not my story to tell.” His fists clenched. It sounded like his speculations were right.

~Olivia~

She hovered around Gerard nervously as they all began to separate off. Leo was getting ready to leave with his parents, talking a little longer with Montserrat.

“Aina, a word,” Gerard called, and it took all of her strength not to panic.

His sister walked over, and followed him when he gestured to go into the kitchen. “What is it?” she asked, “I want to say goodbye to Leo and his parents.”

Not wasting anytime, he asked, “What happened between you and Cesc? You guys said it was a mutual breakup, but he’s obviously not happy with Daniella, he looks at you longingly, and keeps glaring at Leo! What happened, and I want the truth.”

The other female bristled, “It’s none of your business.”

“You’re my baby sister, of course it’s my business,” he retorted. They glared at each other for several long, silent minutes.

“You know what I think happened?” he said at length when she said nothing. “What?” she challenged. “I think you realized I was right, that you couldn’t handle the distance. You chickened out. I’m happy for you and Leo, but you hurt our friend, my best friend, Aina.”

She shoved him away, “You want to know the truth about your best friend? We skyped every single day, or talked on the phone. We sent each other gifts! So when spring break came, I thought it would be the perfect surprise to go and visit him, right? So when I knocked on the door, you know what I found? Daniella, with a conspicuous lack of clothing, in his door. I’m not stupid, I put it together. He had cheated on me. So there’s the truth, Geri. I didn’t tell you so you could keep your precious best friend. You weren’t there to comfort me then, so don’t bother now. Leo was there for me more than you ever have been!”

Olivia felt tears welling in her eyes as Aina talked. All of the stress that had been bottled up had erupted, and the truth was out. No more secrets, no more lies.

Just then Celia walked in the room, and stopped short upon seeing the sight. Gerard was staring at Aina, stunned. The female was holding back sobs, and shaking with anger. And she just stood there, in between them, stunned. “Oh, sweetie,” Messi’s mother exclaimed, rushing over, “Let’s get you home.” She pulled the female off, and out of sight.

Olivia turned to Gerard, “Thanks for inviting me over. I’ll…I’ll be going home now.”

“Let me drive you,” he said, breaking out of his trance. She shook her head, “I need to be alone right now. I need to think about what happened. You accused your sister of some horrible things.”

And after saying her goodbyes to the remaining Piqué and Fàbregas families, she walked out into the night.

~Leo~

He glanced back at the house, wondering what was taking Aina so long, especially since she planned on staying there, or going back to her apartment, instead of home with him. His mom had gone back inside, having forgotten her purse.

Leo was surprised when he saw his mom return with Aina, hugging the younger woman tightly.

His eyes widened upon seeing the tears in her eyes, and immediately jogged over. “Aina, what’s wrong?” he asked, reaching them. “I think she got into a fight with her brother,” Celia said softly. The younger woman nodded mutely, still trying to contain her sobs. After several deep breaths, she looked up at him, “Gerard knows…he accused me of breaking Cesc’s heart.” His jaw clenched, glad his mom already knew the story so he didn’t have to explain.

“Come home with us sweetie,” Celia said softly, directing her toward his car. “I don’t want to impose,” she said, shaking her head.
His mom laughed, “Aina, I consider you family already. I love you almost as much as Leo.”

The female fell silent after that, and got into the backseat with the older woman, who kept an arm wrapped securely around her shoulder for comfort.

Once at his house, Celia immediately took her to his room, and settled her down in bed. “Don’t worry about this, Aina. He’ll come around. But how about tomorrow you show me to all of the best stores in Barcelona – you and I will have a shopping day.” She nodded as she curled up under the covers. He watched as his mom pressed a kiss to Aina’s head, and then headed toward the door. She squeezed his shoulder. “She needs you right now, more that your dad or I. See you in the morning.”

He nodded, and closed the door behind him. He then walked toward the bed cautiously.

Not knowing what words could help, he kept silent, and crawled under the covers next to her, clicking off the lamp on the nightstand. She immediately leaned into him, burying her head in his shoulder.

He kissed her temple softly, “Te amo.” He heard her echo his sentiment, muffled, but he knew she meant it. He just wished he could help her feel better. He had wondered if the truth would eventually surface, but not like that. He pulled her tighter to him.

He didn’t care about Gerard’s relationship with Cesc, but he sure as hell cared about his relationship with Aina.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://barca.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum